Deep Packet Inspection
ECLA developed the first commercially available Content Inspection (CI) chip and licensed it to Raqia Networks in 2001.
The Raqia device, the ReGXP2G, has a look-aside architecture, operates at 2.4Gbps.
and has a glue-less interface to NPUs.
The ReGXP2G product brief is here.
Please contact us at email@example.com on how to obtain devices, the complete data sheet or more information.
ECLA's CI-DPI Processor is optimized to operate at up to 40Gbps, is fully customizable and is available for either a Xilinx Virtex 6 device or an Altera Stratix4 device.
- Complete Deep Packet Inspection in an FPGA core.
- Deterministic performance.
- Full duplex operations up to 40Gbps.
- Inspects every byte of the packet, header as well payload, as well across packet boundaries.
- Optional on-chip database storage.
- Complete header checking, including checksum checking.
- Implements an EDFA (Efficient Finite Automata) based architecture. Each EFA combines a DFA Engine, a Hashing Engine and an optimizer for most efficient operation and database storage.
- Header check settings using dedicated registers or through regular expressions.
- Payload checking using regular expression signatures using our regular expression compiler.
- Supports a very large number of rules with DDR2, or DDR3 or RLDRAMII.
- Supports incremental rules update.
- Common API across all CI Processor family.
- Support for hundred of thousands signatures.
- Support for PERL compatible regular expressions.
- Availability of a rule compiler with incremental rule update support.
- Availability of a software simulator and a software emulator.
- Easy system integration.
- Customizable front end interface (PCI-Express, QDR, Ethernet or custom interface).
- Scalable performance.
- Look-aside operation with a customizable interface.
- Look-aside operation with a PCI-Express interface.
- In-line (bump in the wire) operation with a Ethernet or a SPI-4 Interface.